Training Division.com offers a great way to gain your AEMT. The AEMT course is designed to assist you as you continue with your career in EMS, as well as successfully completing the National Registry exam (www.nremt.org).
The AEMT is broken down into three portions and students are given one year to complete:
- The didactic material or classroom portion is completed via the internet. It is approximately 200 hours of self-paced instruction. You will have mandatory online discussions, along with a mentor that they may reach out to for any questions.
- The psychomotor portion (skills session) is five days conducted at the Emergency Training Center in Crowley, TX or another TDSHS Approved Site. This session is an intensive five days of lecture, practice for NREMT skills with daily and final exams. You will be required to score an 80% on the all exams. The following practical assessments will be covered: Patient Assessment Medical & Trauma, Ventilatory Management (Supraglottic Airway Device & Pediatric Respiratory Compromise), Cardiac Arrest/AED, IV & Medication Skills (IV Therapy & IV Bolus Medications), Pediatric Intraosseous Infusion Skills, along with one random EMT skill.
- The clinical and field rotations that are coordinated through Training Division must all have approved agreements in place. This includes all hospitals and ambulance/fire departments. These rotations will include seventy-two (72) hours on an ambulance AND thirty-six (36) hours in an emergency department. If you are not local, you should plan to be here a minimum of 6 – 14 days. We hold the skills sessions 7 – 10 times a year. This breaks down to every other month with an additional class during the summer months.
Our program follows the US DOT National Standard Curricula and our program is approved by the Texas Department of State Health Service, National Registry and NAEMT. Since Texas is a National Registry state, check with your state agency for reciprocity procedures.
The following items are required before you enroll:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Active EMT certification
- Proof of high school graduate/GED
- Current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Certification
- Copy of Social Security card and Driver’s License
**Covid vaccine will be required before students can schedule clinicals
The tuition for this course is $3,085.00, which includes e-text, skills and clinical books, uniform shirts, badge, drug screen, background check, PHTLS (Prehospital Trauma Life Support), Stop the Bleed certification, Sim Lab Field Day fees, mask fit fee, and jurisprudence course. Fees associated with clinical/field rotations due to PPE for covid are not included and will be at the student’s expense. Any shipping charges & taxes are extra. Financing & payment plans are available. Fees associated with National Registry and/or TXDSHS are not included. You will be responsible for your own transportation, meals and lodging.
Contact our amazing EMS staff for more details (817) 297-4500 or